Thursday, October 2, 2008

"What happens in Reno stays in Reno."


That’s what brother George said. Today Sister Anna gave me Korean pear. Crisp like an apple, it was better than any pear I’d ever eaten. Other night got paged to visit this rather robust Irish catholic woman who begged “God, it is my time. I just want to be with St. Peter,” whose eighth daughter told her, “Mom, you can’t go yet, you can’t live without your coffee and St. Peter hasn’t plugged in the coffee maker yet.” Unlike the Irish catholic woman I saw dying last week, from what I could tell, she was healthy as a horse. I tried to decipher for her the ways of God. My job is better than rocket science. Yesterday this Carmelite sister tried to recruit me if you know what I mean. I told her that though ‘such commitment’ is nice and admirable and all, I think someday I’ll marry. She proceeded to tell me how ‘those princes they try to get you to live with them out of wedlock,’ so I think she knew what I meant. Had the best cup of coffee evar tonight at Philz. With mint on top. Tomorrow is a much needed day or rest. I plan to see MC Hammer in the morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It all sounds surreal! Glad to hear that things are exciting in a good way. It would be cool to meet soo many different people!

I am still looking for a thing to send . . . I haven't forgotten.