Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hey, yeah so I’ve been so busy I haven’t had much time to write and when I have, had too much to write about to get it said. But here I am now I will try. Got an apartment. Nice roommates. Great location. Had a week to explore. Put a lot of mileage on my new Keds. Need a bike but am let’s just say poor right now. Priorities, right? Like the Iphone on my Visa. $15 worth of mismatched furniture and a bed on the floor. Eating mangoes daily. A lot of burritos. Wonderful weekend wine and artichokes in the Alexander Valley one of the most architecturally appealing cabin house I’ve ever been.Started work at the hospital. Gonna be some tough adult stuff. Feel the weight of life and death about it but then strangely light. Senior care somber tasks and all I can do is skip home to dance music in a way less burdened than I’ve been in months. Perhaps deep down I know what I need to do to survive. This city is alive and even if I don’t yet give much of a care about anybody in this place and consistently miss everybody not here, I am not depressed and not quite alone. This city, I’ve determined, has a heartbeat of its own and while when Odessa told me she left her heart in San Francisco I assumed she meant love of a woman, this city is a living organism that I suspect can make or break a heart of its own accord. I am happy to be here. I am strongly ambivalent.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mangos daily? I think San Fran is courting you.