Sunday, September 21, 2008


Sunday: I went to St. John Will-I-Am Coltrane African Orthodox Church. I don’t quite know what happened today. I mean, I know what I saw, but this was just something else. His Eminence Archbishop Franzo Wayne King, D.D. and the kid in the Krunk Dog hoodie could sure sing. They sang, “Thank you God for John Coltrane and thank you for your son”- yes, in this order. They sang, by God they sang. They let a five year old play the drums. A toddler was handling the tamborine. I think I’ve found a home. This afternoon went down the coast to Half Moon Bay. Had some deep fried artichoke hearts at a distillery famous for its view and reputed for being haunted. It was pretty, but so is all the gold in the world. OK. Enough. I’m tired and blech from too much ice cream.

No comments: