Monday, April 9, 2007

Bomb Shelled Nut Jobs

Last night, again. As I’ve always said, it is a good or bad sign when I end up with one earring. That these ones actually had firm backs and it still ended up that way says something: Easter Dinner- the initial plan, more like a small family affair, then, turns out that we like lots of peeps and next thing we know we’ve got a sit down, formal dinner for eighteen on our hands/in our living room.To bootz. Dave and I ate with chopsticks because we ran out of forks. So, get this: caramelized cauliflower, stuffed mushrooms, deviled eggs, blood bunny punch, beer, and wine, oh, the bloody bunny punch; a big ol turkey, mashed potatoes, African cabbage and couscous salads, artichoke and white been salad, baked baby carrots, two delish green salads, baked fennel, fresh bread, wine, lots of wine; lots of chocolate, rhubarb pie with ice cream, arm wrestling a woman in my living room, chocolate tarts with candied grapefruit peel, cranberry cake, lots of wine. The night ended with Zach and Cate riding / nearly falling off the tandem to Bar. Cate and I dancing, Mark feeding us drinks. Me accidentally putting my game on the Parts and Labor guy and buying a spongy orange t-shirt I didn't need, and lots of drunk dialing; ended with Cate and I rolling around on the ground next to our bikes, laughing. And no earring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it certainly was an extravanganza. thank you guys for letting me co-host. i'll let you in on a little secret: i purposefully miscalculated how long it would take to cook the turkey so we could all share three more hours together. and mark has some great pictures of us relaxing on the sidewalk after that exhausting bike ride home.

Anonymous said...

haha. i just saw those. i love them alot. though i'm a little dissapointed that part of the mind existed in actually and not just in my mind. i'm gonna put some of that final scene on the blog when i'm more sobered. maybe tomorrow. not tonight. tonight was pretty much more of the same. oh me oh my oh